To access the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC) practice test site, please click HERE.
Mt. Angel School District currently has an opening for a Special Education teacher at Kennedy High School. This position is a full time, temporary position through the end of the 2014-15 school year. More information can be found in the Human Resources Department, under the Current Openings page. Please contact Nancy Bochsler at email@example.com if you have any questions.
When you set up a MealTime Online account, you will also have the opportunity to receive low balance notifications via email. See instructions HERE.
**NUEVO - LA HORA DE COMER OPCIÓN EN LÍNEA PARA PAGAR PARA COMIDAS Y TASAS ***
Monte Distrito Escolar Ángel se complace en anunciar que el pago de almuerzos y honorarios de su hijo ahora es más fácil! El nuevo programa MealTime Online ofrece una oportunidad para que usted utilice su tarjeta de crédito para pagar en línea para las comidas y las cuotas escolares, tales como deportes o tasas por clase. Una vez que configura una cuenta, también se puede ver la actividad de la cuenta de alimentos de su hijo en cualquier momento, que es un servicio gratuito. Por favor, haga clic en el enlace aquí para obtener más información.
to the will of another.
Quote: "Come to serve and you will never be disappointed."
Please look it up and "Like" it to follow Kennedy High School's official Facebook Page.
January 13, 2015
I CALL TO ORDER
Chairperson Jessica Schmidtman called the meeting to order at 7:00 am. Present: Jake Copley, Carmen Fennimore, Margaret Inoue, Ron Schmidt, Jessica Schmidtman, Craig Swanson and Edilberto Valladares.
II APPROVAL OF AGENDA/MINUTES
Jessica asked for additions to January’s agenda: none; and corrections to December’s minutes: none.
III STUDENT REPORT
No report. Discussion about having an elected student representative who is present at all Site Council meetings.
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Discussion of example Goals: Discussed developing norms, such as posting meeting minutes and announcements to the website. Principal Swanson said he will work on increasing awareness of our website. Margaret said Facebook has changed the way it does postings and not all posts will go out to everyone. Tweeting is a better way to communicate now. Twitter will give everyone a text without targeting individual students. Principal Swanson said official communications will be by website, Blackboard Connect phone calls and letters to parents.
- Vote to Approve bylaws: JFK High School Site Council will be the official name of this association. Principal Swanson said the bylaws don’t need to be approved at any certain time of year and can be reviewed and revised when necessary. Jessica asked if the bylaws could be posted to the website now. Principal Swanson said he will post the bylaws on the website. The council still needs one member at large, preferably someone without school children and who can represent the Hispanic community.
It was moved and seconded (Inoue/Schmidt) to approve the bylaws as written. Motion passed unanimously.
- Creation of Kennedy Goals and Vision: Principal Swanson suggested we have one goal and put all of our focus on achieving it. Jessica asked if we should come up with a mission statement for JFK apart from the District’s mission statement. Principal Swanson said he believes the district’s statement covers what we are trying to accomplish.
It was moved and seconded (Valladares/Swanson) to add the words “continuous and independent growth” to the first example goal and use it as our first goal. The final goal would read “We will provide each student with challenging and motivated learning experiences that lead to continuous and independent growth.” Motion passed unanimously.
Principal Swanson suggested we focus on two areas of our curriculum as we think of ideas to support our new goal: expanding AP and CTE curriculum.
V NEW BUSINESS
Tabled due to lack of time.
VI NEXT MEETING
February 10, 2015 in JFK Library from 7:00 to 7:50 am
Jessica adjourned the meeting at 7:53 am.
ARTICLE 1: NAME OF ORGANIZATION
The administrative organization shall be known as JFK Site Council.
ARTICLE 2: PURPOSE AND POWERS
Statement of Purpose:
JFK Site Council is designed to allow a broader base of discussion and information sharing among parents, administrators, community members, students and staff in the strategic (long-term with a vision) decision making and operational (short-term action planning) decision making that takes place at the building level. It is expected that this broader based dialogue will permit and encourage the various human elements of our school’s educational community to work more cooperatively and positively together with the end result being improved quality and quantity of instructional programs being experienced by the students of John F. Kennedy High School.
The School Site Council’s Duties Could Include the Following Areas:
- Student Experiences – including organization of curricular, instructional and assessment activities; methods of grouping students for instruction, systems of rewards and consequences for academic work; discipline procedures, school sponsored support for student activities outside instruction; and parental involvement.
- Professional Life of Staff – including growth and development; but excluding any disciplinary or sensitive personnel matters.
- School Governance, Management, and Leadership – working with accountability and identifying a process for continuous improvement.
- Implementation and coordination of current legislative reform acts.
ARTICLE 3: MEMBERSHIP AND TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
JFK Site Council Membership:
The JFK Site Council shall make progress towards establishing membership as outlined in the Oregon School Reform Act.
- Classified staff – 1
- Certified staff – 3
- Parents of JFK student(s) – 2
- Community member – 1
- Students elected by ASB – 2
- Principal – 1
- The administrator is the principal or his/her designee.
- Teachers –
- May self-nominate or nominate a faculty member.
- Nominees have the right to decline.
- A teacher general election, by secret ballot will determine the teacher council members.
- Classified employees –
- May self-nominate or nominate a classified employee.
- Nominees have the right to decline
- A classified general election, by secret ballot will determine the classified council member on said committee.
- Parents, community members, and students will be selected by an election process of their individual peers.Parent representative may not be a certified staff member at Kennedy High School.
Term of Office:
- Each teaching member would be elected to a two-year term.A member can serve two consecutive terms.
- Local school committee members, business representatives, classified representatives and members of the community shall serve a two-year term.
- Students shall serve a one-year term.
- Any position left vacant for any reason shall be filled through election by the current Site Council.
- Site Council members who fail to perform duties outlined will be subject to removal by a two-thirds vote of the Site Council.
ARTICLE 4: MEMBERS AND THEIR DUTIES
The Chairperson shall be elected from the Site Council, excluding the administrative representative. The Chair shall be the convener of the meetings and shall be responsible for the agendas of the meetings. His/her term shall be one-year.
The Secretary will take accurate notes and distribute them to the members of the council. The secretary will also be responsible for taking roll and publishing the minutes.
The Principal shall call the initial yearly meeting of the group and arrange for a meeting place, typed minutes and other items that from time-to-time may be needed by the Council.
ARTICLE 5: MEETINGS
- Site Council members shall meet at least once a month during the school year.A quorum of one more than half of the membership must be present to conduct business.
- The Site Council members shall be free to discuss and make recommendations related to all needs of the building’s programs and all means of improving the educational climate for students and staff.
- Other groups such as the ad hoc committees and the support groups meet around definite issues with finite timelines.These are designed by the members who volunteer for service.
- Decisions will be made by consensus of the members present at each meeting.
- Voting privileges are held only by the actual members of the JFK Site Council or their designee.
ARTICLE 6: EVALUATIONS
At the end of the year the Site Council will review the progress that was made towards the goals established in the School Improvement Plan.
Evaluation of the process for continuous improvement will be carried out at least annually. Subjective surveys as well as specific performance criteria will be included in the evaluation.
ARTICLE 7: AMENDMENTS
- All articles and sections of this document are subject to amendment.
- A two-thirds majority vote of the general staff membership shall be required to ratify an amendment to this document.
Dear Parents of John F. Kennedy Students,
The 2013-14 State report cards are a new format with more detailed school and student information. In an effort to reduce printing and postage costs, the State Report Card will not be mailed to each household this year, but will be accessible online in English and Spanish. If you are unable to access the reports online, please contact Nancy Bochsler at 503-845-2345 to request a hard copy.
Thank you for all that you do to help your child be successful in school, where our vision is:
“Educating capable, caring and responsible citizens…”
Los boletines de calificaciones Estatales para el Distrito de Mt. Angel y de las tres escuelas han sido publicados por el Departamento de la Educación de Oregon y pueden ser vistos ahora en cualquiera de los sitios de Web escolares enwww.mtangel.k12.or.us . En un esfuerzo para reducir la imprenta y gastos de correo, los boletines de Calificaciones Estatales no serán enviados a cada familia este año, pero serán accesibles en línea en inglés y en español. Si usted es incapaz de tener acceso a los informes en línea, por favor póngase en contacto con la Sra. Nancy Bochsler en 503-845-2345 y una copia puede ser enviada con su petición.
Gracias por todo lo que usted hace para ayudar a su niño a ser acertado en la escuela, donde nuestra visión es;
“Educando ciudadanos capaces, humanitarios y responsables…”Haga clic aquí para:JFK Reporte de Español